Department of Film and Media Studies
Hunter College, CUNY
My Twitter FeedMy Tweets
- 24 hour cable news Barack Obama Beatles CBS charles dickens China Chuck Berry clinton CNN David Barstow Emmett Till Ethan and Joel Coen Ethan Coen famous speeches Fargo Flaco Jimenez Fox News Freddie Mercury Freddy Fender Gene Jones Google HIV Jenni Rivera Jeux Interdits John Doman John Duvanich memory Midnight Cowboy moral panic Mose Wright MSNBC Mumbai Nedra Talley New York Times No Country for Old men Norteño Obama Orson Welles PBS POV Pro Publica Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Ronettes Ronnie Spector Ron Takaki Salesman Sarah Palin Sheila Smile Strangers on a Train Tejano Texas The French Connection' The Third Man Twitter Wanda Sykes West Covina
- In Memory of George "Mr. Spoons" Gully 1929 - 2010
- A Debt Repaid to an Extraordinary Man and Filmmaker: Kent Mackenzie's "The Exiles"
- Great Songs in Film #9: I'm Shipping Up To Boston - The Dropkick Murphys From Martin Scorsese's The Departed (2006)
- Ah, The Joy of Being Terrified by Two Great Actors: Gene Jones and Javier Bardem
- Mose Wright: Never Flinched. Never Hesitated.
Tag Archives: Margo Winkler
In March, 2008, I posted a short piece about character actors. Then, as now, I was uneasy about terms like “character” or “supporting” that even unintentionally diminish the contribution that these performer can make to a film. I was thinking about … Continue reading