Department of Film and Media Studies
Hunter College, CUNY
My Twitter FeedMy Tweets
- 24 hour cable news Barack Obama Beatles CBS charles dickens China Chuck Berry clinton CNN David Barstow Emmett Till Ethan and Joel Coen Ethan Coen famous speeches Fargo Flaco Jimenez Fox News Freddie Mercury Freddy Fender Gene Jones Google HIV Jenni Rivera Jeux Interdits John Doman John Duvanich memory Midnight Cowboy moral panic Mose Wright MSNBC Mumbai Nedra Talley New York Times No Country for Old men Norteño Obama Orson Welles PBS POV Pro Publica Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Ronettes Ronnie Spector Ron Takaki Salesman Sarah Palin Sheila Smile Strangers on a Train Tejano Texas The French Connection' The Third Man Twitter Wanda Sykes West Covina
- In Memory of George "Mr. Spoons" Gully 1929 - 2010
- Mose Wright: Never Flinched. Never Hesitated.
- Ah, The Joy of Being Terrified by Two Great Actors: Gene Jones and Javier Bardem
- "Sweet little Sheila, you'll know her if you see her:" The Great and "not as bubble-gummy as you think" Tommy Roe
- What Does a Painting of the Fall of Rome Have to Do With News in the Digital Age?
Tag Archives: The French Connection’
Great Songs in Film #10: The Three Degrees sing Jimmy Webb’s “Everybody Gets to Go to the Moon” in The French Connection
Early in William Friedkin’s masterpiece The French Connection, Gene Hackman and Roy Scheider, playing New York City police detectives Doyle and Russo, go for an after-work drink at a New York nightclub that appears to be the Copacabana. This is the page … Continue reading
Ever gone back to any film, book, or other creative work that completely defined a moment in your life and found that it didn’t come close to passing the test of time? Sometimes the life moment is so distant and … Continue reading
Every time I talk about top 10 lists, I always start with the disclaimer that I know how pointless they are. And then I ask myself: OK, if they are so pointless, why do I have so much fun reading … Continue reading