Department of Film and Media Studies
Hunter College, CUNY
My Twitter FeedMy Tweets
- 24 hour cable news Barack Obama Beatles CBS charles dickens China Chuck Berry clinton CNN Covina David Barstow Emmett Till Ethan and Joel Coen Ethan Coen famous speeches Fargo Flaco Jimenez Fox News Freddie Mercury Freddy Fender Gene Jones Google HIV Jenni Rivera Jeux Interdits John Doman John Duvanich memory Midnight Cowboy moral panic Mose Wright MSNBC Mumbai Nedra Talley New York Times No Country for Old men Norteño Obama Orson Welles PBS POV Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Ronettes Ronnie Spector Ron Takaki Salesman Sarah Palin Sheila Smile Strangers on a Train Tejano Texas The French Connection' The Third Man Twitter Wanda Sykes West Covina
- Great Songs in Film #9: I'm Shipping Up To Boston - The Dropkick Murphys From Martin Scorsese's The Departed (2006)
- Great Songs in Films #5: Chuck Berry's "You Never Can Tell" (Teenage Wedding) in Quentin Tarantino's "Pulp Fiction."
- Sometimes The Onion Gets It Absolutely Right
- What Does a Painting of the Fall of Rome Have to Do With News in the Digital Age?
- Mose Wright: Never Flinched. Never Hesitated.
Tag Archives: An American In Paris
Great Songs in Film #6: Georges Guétary Sings “I’ll Build a Stairway to Paradise” in Vincente Minnelli’s An American In Paris
Vincente Minnelli’s An American In Paris has never been one of my favorites. I can see all the craft and imagination (not to mention my favorite city), and enjoy individual numbers, but I have never really been a fan of the dreamy fantasy … Continue reading