Department of Film and Media Studies
Hunter College, CUNY
My Twitter FeedMy Tweets
- 24 hour cable news Barack Obama Beatles CBS charles dickens China Chuck Berry clinton CNN Covina David Barstow Emmett Till Ethan and Joel Coen Ethan Coen famous speeches Fargo Flaco Jimenez Fox News Freddie Mercury Freddy Fender Gene Jones Google HIV Jenni Rivera Jeux Interdits John Doman John Duvanich memory Midnight Cowboy moral panic Mose Wright MSNBC Mumbai Nedra Talley New York Times No Country for Old men Norteño Obama Orson Welles PBS POV Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Ronettes Ronnie Spector Ron Takaki Salesman Sarah Palin Sheila Smile Strangers on a Train Tejano Texas The French Connection' The Third Man Twitter Wanda Sykes West Covina
- What Does a Painting of the Fall of Rome Have to Do With News in the Digital Age?
- Mose Wright: Never Flinched. Never Hesitated.
- Smacked in the Head By a Surfboard: I'm Taking a Break for the Weekend
- Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Mo: My Nightmare. Our Nightmare.
- "Sweet little Sheila, you'll know her if you see her:" The Great and "not as bubble-gummy as you think" Tommy Roe
Tag Archives: Noble Sissle
Great Songs in Film #7: Judy Garland Sings “On the Atchison, Topeka, and the Santa Fe” in George Sidney’s “The Harvey Girls” (1946)
Songwriters Harry Warren (music) and Johnny Mercer (lyrics) — composers of “On the Atchison, Topeka and the Santa Fe” — are revered by Tin Pan Alley enthusiasts, but the wider public has never been adequately aware of these masters of … Continue reading