Department of Film and Media Studies
Hunter College, CUNY
My Twitter FeedMy Tweets
- 24 hour cable news Barack Obama Beatles CBS charles dickens China Chuck Berry clinton CNN Covina David Barstow Emmett Till Ethan and Joel Coen Ethan Coen famous speeches Fargo Flaco Jimenez Fox News Freddie Mercury Freddy Fender Gene Jones Google HIV Jenni Rivera Jeux Interdits John Doman John Duvanich memory Midnight Cowboy moral panic Mose Wright MSNBC Mumbai Nedra Talley New York Times No Country for Old men Norteño Obama Orson Welles PBS POV Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Ronettes Ronnie Spector Ron Takaki Salesman Sarah Palin Sheila Smile Strangers on a Train Tejano Texas The French Connection' The Third Man Twitter Wanda Sykes West Covina
- What Does a Painting of the Fall of Rome Have to Do With News in the Digital Age?
- Great Songs in Film #9: I'm Shipping Up To Boston - The Dropkick Murphys From Martin Scorsese's The Departed (2006)
- Mose Wright: Never Flinched. Never Hesitated.
- Great Songs in Film #10: The Three Degrees sing Jimmy Webb's "Everybody Gets to Go to the Moon" in The French Connection
- Remembering Joe Viskocil: a great friend, Academy Award winning master of special effects, and lifelong maker of joy.
Tag Archives: Noble Sissle
Great Songs in Film #7: Judy Garland Sings “On the Atchison, Topeka, and the Santa Fe” in George Sidney’s “The Harvey Girls” (1946)
Songwriters Harry Warren (music) and Johnny Mercer (lyrics) — composers of “On the Atchison, Topeka and the Santa Fe” — are revered by Tin Pan Alley enthusiasts, but the wider public has never been adequately aware of these masters of … Continue reading