Department of Film and Media Studies
Hunter College, CUNY
My Twitter FeedMy Tweets
- 24 hour cable news Barack Obama Beatles CBS charles dickens China Chuck Berry clinton CNN Covina David Barstow Emmett Till Ethan and Joel Coen Ethan Coen famous speeches Fargo Flaco Jimenez Fox News Freddie Mercury Freddy Fender Gene Jones Google HIV Jenni Rivera Jeux Interdits John Doman John Duvanich memory Midnight Cowboy moral panic Mose Wright MSNBC Mumbai Nedra Talley New York Times No Country for Old men Norteño Obama Orson Welles PBS POV Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Ronettes Ronnie Spector Ron Takaki Salesman Sarah Palin Sheila Smile Strangers on a Train Tejano Texas The French Connection' The Third Man Twitter Wanda Sykes West Covina
- Great Songs in Film #9: I'm Shipping Up To Boston - The Dropkick Murphys From Martin Scorsese's The Departed (2006)
- What Does a Painting of the Fall of Rome Have to Do With News in the Digital Age?
- Mose Wright: Never Flinched. Never Hesitated.
- Thirty Years After The Man in the Water, A Great Writer Faces His Own Grief
- Great Songs in Film #10: The Three Degrees sing Jimmy Webb's "Everybody Gets to Go to the Moon" in The French Connection
Tag Archives: Salesman
In years of watching documentaries, especially vérité or quasi-vérité, there have probably been hundreds of moments in which – after the supposed “action” is complete — a filmmaker lingers and keeps the camera running. I was just watching Herzog’s Grizzly … Continue reading
Every time I talk about top 10 lists, I always start with the disclaimer that I know how pointless they are. And then I ask myself: OK, if they are so pointless, why do I have so much fun reading … Continue reading
Ten best lists of films are dumb. They force dumb choices and add almost nothing to serious discussion and criticism. Big deal. I love them. I love reading them. I … Continue reading
My lifetime of interest in documentary film began sometime during the week of December 4, 1968. I was 17 years old. The $12.5 million Ford Foundation experiment in public television and precursor to PBS, the Public Broadcast Laboratory, was starting … Continue reading