Department of Film and Media Studies
Hunter College, CUNY
My Twitter FeedMy Tweets
- 24 hour cable news Barack Obama Beatles CBS charles dickens China Chuck Berry clinton CNN Covina David Barstow Emmett Till Ethan and Joel Coen Ethan Coen famous speeches Fargo Flaco Jimenez Fox News Freddie Mercury Freddy Fender Gene Jones Google HIV Jenni Rivera Jeux Interdits John Doman John Duvanich memory Midnight Cowboy moral panic Mose Wright MSNBC Mumbai Nedra Talley New York Times No Country for Old men Norteño Obama Orson Welles PBS POV Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Ronettes Ronnie Spector Ron Takaki Salesman Sarah Palin Sheila Smile Strangers on a Train Tejano Texas The French Connection' The Third Man Twitter Wanda Sykes West Covina
- Great Songs in Film #9: I'm Shipping Up To Boston - The Dropkick Murphys From Martin Scorsese's The Departed (2006)
- What Does a Painting of the Fall of Rome Have to Do With News in the Digital Age?
- The Network of "The Apprentice" Wants to Remake Krzysztof Kieslowski’s Dekalog? Great. And I'll Be Touching-Up Picasso's Guernica This Sunday.
- Mose Wright: Never Flinched. Never Hesitated.
- Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Mo: My Nightmare. Our Nightmare.
Tag Archives: 24 hour cable news
And then along comes John Oliver: How a brilliant comedian became an indispensable public educator and policy analyst.
And then along comes John: I can’t believe it. I get to be effusive about something. For almost 20 years, I have been on a tear against the phony experts and purveyors of pseudo-facts and pseudoscience who are regularly asked … Continue reading
My love-hate relationship with 24 hour cable news continues. I’ve admitted it before: None of my criticism of 24 hour cable news – including what I have to say here – can hide a simple fact: When all hell breaks … Continue reading
With all the disgust I feel for much of the detritus that the 24 hour cable news channels use to fill their bottomless news hole, I won’t deny that I am simultaneously a fan. Hypocrisy? Maybe. CNN and … Continue reading
Remember Howard Beale, the anchorman played by Peter Finch in the film “Network?” I always think of his “mad as hell” moment when I see the latest example of 24 hour cable news networks like MSNBC and CNN and Fox … Continue reading