Department of Film and Media Studies
Hunter College, CUNY
My Twitter FeedMy Tweets
- 24 hour cable news Barack Obama Beatles CBS charles dickens China Chuck Berry clinton CNN Covina David Barstow Emmett Till Ethan and Joel Coen Ethan Coen famous speeches Fargo Flaco Jimenez Fox News Freddie Mercury Freddy Fender Gene Jones Google HIV Jenni Rivera Jeux Interdits John Doman John Duvanich memory Midnight Cowboy moral panic Mose Wright MSNBC Mumbai Nedra Talley New York Times No Country for Old men Norteño Obama Orson Welles PBS POV Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Ronettes Ronnie Spector Ron Takaki Salesman Sarah Palin Sheila Smile Strangers on a Train Tejano Texas The French Connection' The Third Man Twitter Wanda Sykes West Covina
- Mose Wright: Never Flinched. Never Hesitated.
- What Does a Painting of the Fall of Rome Have to Do With News in the Digital Age?
- Ah, The Joy of Being Terrified by Two Great Actors: Gene Jones and Javier Bardem
- Thirty Years After The Man in the Water, A Great Writer Faces His Own Grief
- Great Songs in Films #4: "When You Wish Upon a Star" from Walt Disney's Pinocchio (1940)
Tag Archives: Margo Winkler
In March, 2008, I posted a short piece about character actors. Then, as now, I was uneasy about terms like “character” or “supporting” that even unintentionally diminish the contribution that these performer can make to a film. I was thinking about … Continue reading