Department of Film and Media Studies
Hunter College, CUNY
My Twitter FeedMy Tweets
- 24 hour cable news Barack Obama Beatles CBS charles dickens China Chuck Berry clinton CNN Covina David Barstow Emmett Till Ethan and Joel Coen Ethan Coen famous speeches Fargo Flaco Jimenez Fox News Freddie Mercury Freddy Fender Gene Jones Google HIV Jenni Rivera Jeux Interdits John Doman John Duvanich memory Midnight Cowboy moral panic Mose Wright MSNBC Mumbai Nedra Talley New York Times No Country for Old men Norteño Obama Orson Welles PBS POV Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Ronettes Ronnie Spector Ron Takaki Salesman Sarah Palin Sheila Smile Strangers on a Train Tejano Texas The French Connection' The Third Man Twitter Wanda Sykes West Covina
- What Does a Painting of the Fall of Rome Have to Do With News in the Digital Age?
- Mose Wright: Never Flinched. Never Hesitated.
- Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Mo: My Nightmare. Our Nightmare.
- "Sweet little Sheila, you'll know her if you see her:" The Great and "not as bubble-gummy as you think" Tommy Roe
- Smacked in the Head By a Surfboard: I'm Taking a Break for the Weekend
Tag Archives: President Obama
My personal political beliefs are not a big secret. They are firmly and passionately held. As a Professor, though, I have always done my best to create a classroom in which students are comfortable expressing diverse views. I am not … Continue reading
You Want Really Big News? Wanda Sykes Has Been Chosen to Host the 2009 White House Correspondents’ Dinner
Yup. Wanda Sykes. The night of May 9th. My favorite comedian up on stage roasting the president and first lady. Every muckety-muck in DC in the audience. History will be made. Pacemakers will stop. Wanda. Yeah, I Said It … Continue reading