Department of Film and Media Studies
Hunter College, CUNY
My Twitter FeedMy Tweets
- 24 hour cable news Barack Obama Beatles CBS charles dickens China Chuck Berry clinton CNN Covina David Barstow Emmett Till Ethan and Joel Coen Ethan Coen famous speeches Fargo Flaco Jimenez Fox News Freddie Mercury Freddy Fender Gene Jones Google HIV Jenni Rivera Jeux Interdits John Doman John Duvanich memory Midnight Cowboy moral panic Mose Wright MSNBC Mumbai Nedra Talley New York Times No Country for Old men Norteño Obama Orson Welles PBS POV Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Ronettes Ronnie Spector Ron Takaki Salesman Sarah Palin Sheila Smile Strangers on a Train Tejano Texas The French Connection' The Third Man Twitter Wanda Sykes West Covina
- Mose Wright: Never Flinched. Never Hesitated.
- Great Songs in Film #9: I'm Shipping Up To Boston - The Dropkick Murphys From Martin Scorsese's The Departed (2006)
- An Incredible Injustice: The Case of Brandon Hein
- Great Songs in Films #5: Chuck Berry's "You Never Can Tell" (Teenage Wedding) in Quentin Tarantino's "Pulp Fiction."
- Great Songs in Film #10: The Three Degrees sing Jimmy Webb's "Everybody Gets to Go to the Moon" in The French Connection
Tag Archives: Sheila
“Sweet little Sheila, you’ll know her if you see her:” The Great and “not as bubble-gummy as you think” Tommy Roe
OK, I am prepared for all the ridicule you want to send my way. Because we are definitely not in the realm of cutting edge music. But I have always thought of Tommy Roe as more than a Buddy Holly wannabe … Continue reading
I may be dating myself , but the “Sheila Rule” is a little known principle that has guided record producers since the mid-1950s. The rule states that, when all else fails for a recording artist or producer, record any song … Continue reading